Blissfully Happy

Friday, April 29, 2005

My finals are done!

But somehow as I left each of my classes a feeling came over me that was unusual for the last day of class. I was actually kind of sad. For some reason these teachers and these students mattered more than in past semesters. I don't know what causes some people to be more important to us than others. There must be some connections that are stronger than others. I had learned a lot from these people. Not just the teachers, and not just the particular subjects. I had learned more about life and about myself from being with them. This chapter in my life was harder to close than others had been. But even for that bit of sadness there is still excitement for the chapters that lie ahead. I have learned so much in the past year that I've been back in school; things that really matter in my life and not just in my academics. I have learned that all subjects are related and something about them can be applied in every day use to benefit me and that has been the most important thing of all. I don't have to completely say goodbye to this past semester's experience, part of it will always go with me.