Blissfully Happy

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

I haven't felt much like blogging lately.

I haven't felt like doing much of anything besides wrap up in a blanket with a good book and a cup of hot chocolate lately. I actually did that for a little while yesterday. I had gone for a walk along the parkway and it started to rain. So cold, wet, and tired I came into the house, put my beautiful tea kettle on it's electric base to heat up, pour the hot chocolate and wrapped up in my favorite fleece blanket on the couch. After drinking my hot chocolate I let the pattering of the rain on the tin roof of the carports lull me to sleep for awhile.

Then I had to brave the rain again to go downtown for the premier of The Interpreter. As much as I didn't like to break from my cocoon on the couch the movie was well worth it. Especially since we got in for free! But I would have even paid to see it.

But today I wish I were back on the couch with a mug of hot chocolate and a good book. I finished the Alchemist and it was very very good. If you're interested in a short, easy, yet amazingly profound read this is the book for you. I'm looking forward to the few short weeks until school is out and I have time to read something other than textbooks. If only for a week or two until summer semester starts. I think my next pick will be The Traveler's Gift.

Even though I haven't felt much like doing anything or being very social I did get back in touch with my two best friends and that's been great. Aphrodite works for a tax accounting firm and she's been swamped for the last few months so I really haven't had so much as a short "Hi, I'm surviving...barely" email from her since February until this past Monday. She stopped by on her way home from work and we caught up on all the things that have been happening and that's been really nice. With friends like that you just pick up where you left off and it's like no time has passed since the last time.

Big Red has been in Samoa with her husband for the last few months. He got a construction job there and I haven't talked to her since my wedding. I finally got her email address from her sister and wrote to her and heard back today! She had her baby while she was there and she sounds really good. They have been loving it there but can't wait to get home. It'll be nice to see them (and the baby!) whenever he finishes up and they can come home. Again, we just picked up where we left off and got caught up on eachothers' lives. There were no accusations as to who should have gotten in touch first or anything. Just understanding that life is busy and nice to hear from yous. It's great to have friends like that, who don't disturb your desire to lay on the couch with a blanket and hot chocolate, but decide to join you in it.