Blissfully Happy

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

At the End of the Rainbow

Married life is pretty great. It has its ups and downs but for the most part it's a nice thing. Being out on your own (the two of you together) and being really poor kind of suck, however. So, I've been trying to compile a list of things that make being poor not so bad. (I promise I didn't steal the list thing from Bronson.)

Winning movie/sports event tickets off the radio (true story. I did it last Friday. We get to see the Interpreter)
Random gift cards for Cafe Rio from work for a job well done. Mmmm....
The library. Free rentals on movies, books and CDs (unless you forget to bring the media item back with the case - then there's a fine)
Clipping coupons (sometimes there are coupons for FREE stuff! Happy Day!)
Happy Hours at Sonic. (Half-priced cherry limeades between the hours of 2-5 pm. Yum!)
Lunchtime at Sam's Club and Costco (lots of free samples. who needs real lunch?)
Warm weather to do free things outside - hiking, frisbee, walks on the parkway
Free bus/TRAX pass from school that you can use to get around since gas prices are so high!

Ok, that's about what I've come up with so far, but it definitely makes being poor a little more bearable:) If anybody has any other suggestions I might not have thought of, feel free to add to my list in the comments!