Blissfully Happy

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

I somehow find you and I collide

It's always interesting to me how the Universe has this way of coming together to give you things you want. They may not even be important things but the fact that you want them makes them important. In a book I was reading there was talk of Personal Legends. Things that we dream of and wanted to accomplish but many of us lose that dream through doubt and trying to think realistically. But, the book said, when someone realizes their personal legend and tries to achieve it everything in the Universe works together to help that person achieve their Personal Legend.

I don't know that I have anything amazing or noble as my Personal Legend but I do know I've had experiences where I have wanted things (even trivial things) and they have been given to me. Just to let me know that somebody up there loves me and wants to remind me of that.

It was a year or two after high school and one of my best friends was down at BYU. I had gone out on a Friday night with some friends but hadn't had a very good time and was really missing this friend. I was feeling sorry for myself when I got home and wished this friend were around and then went to bed. The next morning I awoke to the phone ringing. It was this friend! He had tickets to something going on at BYU that night and wanted me to come down and go with him. I knew that something that was important to me was important to my Heavenly Father just because it was important to me and He loves me.

I've had several other experiences like that but they're not coming to mind right now. But yesterday, all of the sudden I had a craving for fruit pizza. You know, the pizza where the crust is made of a giant sugar cookie and then you spread whipped cream or cream cheese (maybe it's a mix of the two) on top of that and then put cut up pieces of fruit on top. It was totally random. I thought maybe I'd make one for my brother's birthday this weekend or something. Well, yesterday afternoon I went to visit a friend and she had made a fruit pizza for us! It was weird. It was simple. It really wasn't any big deal but it reminded me of the hand of God. He can do anything he wants, and he uses that power to make us happy. I've heard it said that there's no such thing as a coincide, it's just God's way of staying anonymous. I think I believe that.