Blissfully Happy

Friday, April 06, 2007

The Beginning of the End

This may be my last post.

It's been nearly two months since I last wrote and I can't really say that my fingers have been itching to write anything here. I'm not quite sure what that means. Do I not have anything worthwhile to say? Am I just not articulate enough to form my thoughts into coherent sentences? I know I've become too busy at home to write and too restricted at work to keep this up. But even if I had the time do I have the desire?

Parts of my life have become completely unsatisfying to me. Mostly my work. I know the most important parts of my life are to be a wife and mother and I feel like I"m doing a pretty good job there. But for now, I also need to maintain employment and I'm just not satisfied with my current situation. I don't have much work to do and I feel underpaid for as much as I'm appreciated. I want to advance, I want to progress, but I'm feeling very stagnant. I want to further my education at some point too. Maybe not until Hubby's done with his, but someday. Again with the progression. I feel like I was moving forward and doing well but lately I think I've hit a wall and don't know quite what I want to do with the part of my life that is not consumed with being a wife and mother. There's got to be more. I just don't know what it is. I find myself humming Beauty and the Beast. A lot. "I want adventure in the great wide somewhere, I want it more than I can tell... I want so much more than this provincial life." How's that for mid-life crisis (which is actually more of a quarter-life crisis but you get the point)? I seem to be having a hard time articulating what I want to say. Job - not happy. must find something more appropriate for me at this time. I guess that's it.

I'll continue Baby J's page even if I don't keep this one going. Feel free to stop in and leave a comment there. I love you all - I'll try to visit your blogs when I can.