Blissfully Happy

Saturday, February 10, 2007

It's Been Awhile

I no longer have access to Blogger at work. Since that is when I typed most of my posts and read everybody else's latest entries, it's been difficult to find time to update and be updated. You may have noticed I've been AWOL for nearly a month. Or maybe you haven't. A lot has been going on this past month. Baby J is getting his first two teeth and that hasn't been the most fun experience. He's doing a lot better than most other babies I've seen teething but he's been running a fever and gets cranky more than usual (which really isn't very much).

I cut my hair last week. It's really REALLY short. Shorter than I was expecting to go. But she just kept chopping away. It took me a few days to get used to - which really isn't me. I can usually figure out how to wear just about any style right away. I'm liking it more now. And it really is a lot easier to do than my last hairstyle.

Speaking of cutting, I tried to cut my finger off this week. Well, not really. I was chopping onions with a Cutco knife and for any of you who know Cutco knives, they are extremely sharp. The onion slipped from under the knife and the knife slipped into my finger and sliced my fingernail in half horizontally. It was bleeding profusely and I had to work through my hysterics at all the blood gushing from my finger and remember what to do for a situation like that. I got the bleeding stopped but it definitely isn't pretty. I'm pretty sure I don't need stitches but I'm pretty sure my finger is going to hurt until the nail grows out past where it was cut. At least it made a clean cut!

We got our tax return. Thankfully we got a return instead of having to pay like we did last year. So, we paid off most of our debt and decided to get in more debt by buying a washer and dryer! It's not the nicest set but it's brand new and it's all mine:) It should be delivered on Tuesday and I'm so excited not to have to haul laundry and the baby to my mom's house anymore, although it was nice to have other adults around to talk to. I guess that's about it for now. Hopefully I can figure out how to get on here more often and see how y'all are doing too!