Blissfully Happy

Friday, August 12, 2005

Lose Yourself Within a Morning Star

I can't believe I've made it through the week (nearly). I've been at work every day this week and I figured I'd either go crazy and gouge my eyes out with a paper clip or die of boredom. They would find my body lying on the floor by my desk, maybe with the mouse cord wrapped around my neck. It would be tragic I'm sure. But alas, I'm still alive, with all body parts intact, and I only have 5 hours left until I will be on vacation for a week!!!! Hurray!!!! I think that's the one thought keeping me sane and at my desk. That, and the extra money I will make for being here every day this week. We were going to go camping in Colorado with Hubby's whole family but then his sister had to go and adopt a brand new baby boy. I don't blame them, he's one of the cutest babies I've ever seen, but since the adoption's not final they can't leave the state. So we'll be kickin' in here in Salt Lake for a week. That's ok. I usually need a vacation from my vacations anyways and this will give me a chance to get ready for the upcoming semester.

I'm thinking of taking up yoga. In case you haven't figure out by now (from the huge amounts of stress I was exuding, talking about finals) I'm a fairly high strung person. Not everything causes me stress, but the things that do, cause it in large quantities and I've decided that's not such a good thing. Yoga seems to be beneficial all the way around. It will stretch and tone my muscles while teaching me to breathe and relax. I really don't think my muscles can take any more tension than I already pile on them. Now I just have to find a place they teach it here in the valley. And work it into my schedule.

Anyways, I hope y'all have a great weekend and don't worry when you don't hear from me next week. I'll be playing with the most adorable children on the planet and consuming large amounts of food, I'm sure. Then I'll REALLY need that yoga!